Friday, November 8, 2013

Musing time: Villains

/Cough (wheeze) Ah-ah-AH-CHOO!
No, wait, that was yesterday. And the day before. But I'm feeling better now, honest.

So, NaNoWriMo has been going well for me, almost to 20,000 words so far. That is a lot better than how I was doing at this point during the past two events I participated in. I might actually win this year, knock on wood. Anyone else out there writing a novel this November?
Well, of course there are, but I doubt that very many (or any at all) read this blog.
In between writing the story of the Royal Trio, I've been doing some character designs of villains, in my respective superhero literary projects. What do you think of these ideas:
Serene Siren
-Wields a mystical horn that can entrance those whom it is pointed and blow at. The greater the ignorance of the person, the longer they stay under Siren's control.
-Has a teenage son, who's a member of the Unlucky 13 super-villain team (just starting up), but is not counted on the list of great mothers. Or good mothers. Heck, even semi-decent mothers.
Dreadlight
-When enraged, he gains super-strength, invulnerability, and an eerie crimson glow.
-Current boyfriend/minion of the Serene Siren.
-Appears dimwitted, but is surprisingly intelligent.
Miss Moffat
-Poison-tipped claws, red eyes, and spider-like agility.
-Originally one of those cutesy villains who pulled heists with a spider theme more to get the attention of the press, now a deranged terrorist who's convinced everyone needs to learn what the true meaning of fear is.
Oozer
-Victim of a tragic accident that left his body a gelatinous, green mass barely held together by miniature force-shield generators in his clothes.
-High tech weapons smuggled and seller.

These would be the one or two time opponents for my Jr. Team agents. I still need to work on the Unlucky 13 and the big bad of that story, shadowy industrialist Belk A. Wren, or Blackren.
But that's a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment