Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tracker's Arrival

When I stepped into the logging camp, I was greeted with stares and whispered comments. That was typical wherever the winds took me.
There isn't a person on this continent who hasn't heard of me, Edercy the Tracker.
My long-time client Overseer Krich greeted me in the center of the camp. Many years he'd been paying for my services, originally to remove some troublesome business rivals, and more recently to keep his logging operations free from bothersome issues. Now, apparently, he had something more serious in mind.
"Are you sure it's her?" I asked after he explained the situation.
"Definitely. The arrows had crimson fletching."
A sigh escaped my lips before I had the chance to stop it. "That's her, alright. Always a flair for the distinctive."
"Indeed." The overseer said with a sour look on his face. "So get in that forest and start doing what you're known for." I nodded and started to turn away, but paused as a thought occurred to me.
"Do you want me to kill her?" I asked over my shoulder.
"Kill, capture, I don't care, just get that blasted woman away from my business ventures!"

And so I entered Olsmin Forest to track down my greatest pupil, and most bitter enemy, Aylon Wildseeker.

No comments:

Post a Comment