Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Listening

I have to post this. It's an old thing, but makes me smile every time I think of or see it.
If you want the full story, well, go by a copy of my book when it's eventually published.


“And you just happened to find Ama chained to a tree?” Krun asked, amazed.

“Yeah. It wasn’t intentional, a complete accident that we appeared right in front of her.” Fren shrugged.

“There are no accidents.” Teresa spoke up from her seat on the log. “That’s one of my granddad’s favorite pieces o’ advice.”

“Ah, along with, ‘nothing in life is fair’, ‘never say it can’t get any worse’, and ‘a beer a day keeps the self-doubt away’.” Mentras mentioned. Teresa beamed at him.

“An’ here I thought ye never listened!” The dwarf exclaimed cheerfully.

“I’m a goblin who’s spent most of his life dodging assassins.” Mentras said, completely deadpan. “I make a habit of listening.”

No comments:

Post a Comment