Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer Is Supposed to be Fun, Isn't It?

I've been feeling a bit conflicted lately. Final exams for school finally wrapped up, and I made it through all of them, which took a crap-ton of stress off of my shoulders. The next few months are going to be taken up by my Dual Credit course in the mornings for U.S. History, along with evening rehearsals for a production of An Enemy of the People, which promises to be interesting. Sometime in August I'm going to try to squeeze in a brief river trip with my grandparents in Colorado before school starts up again, though the details for that still need to be worked out.
In addition to those three big things, I need to get my driver's license so that I can get around to my various places, and work more gigs for my mom's petting zoo business. I'll also need to put in more effort on preparing for the ACT/SAT tests next year, and gathering as much scholarship money as I can for the college I want to go to.

With all of these things looming for my summer, is it unreasonable that I should want to spend my first weekend of it relaxing a bit? Since I don't know when the next opportunity will show itself? Granted, relaxing for me usually means diving into some world-building or character elaboration for my stories, but you get the idea.

Show of hands, who else has parents who prefer you to get things done as quickly as possible, without considering that you do, in fact, have a time-management plan in mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment